Analog Devices Inc. LTC4249 Dual Electronic Circuit Breaker (ECB) provides independent overcurrent protection to a pair of loads. Each channel has a precision enable input, current monitor output, and ready status output. A single resistor configures the ECB threshold. If either channel detects an overcurrent condition, the corresponding breaker disconnects the input from the load.
After a circuit breaker event, the open-drain RDY status output of the Analog Devices Inc. LTC4249 pulls low, and the ECB latches off. Toggling the enable input turns the ECB back on after a 1-second cool-off period. The cool-off timer, overtemperature sensor, short-circuit detector, and inrush controller prevents operation outside the circuit breakers’ safe operating area.
The precision enable inputs, ready outputs, and analog current monitor outputs permit voltage sequencing and closed-loop bias current control applications. ECB channels may be paralleled as needed. Load isolation and reverse current detection applications are also possible.
- High voltage dual SPST, current sharing allowed
- 5% accurate analog current monitor outputs
- Adjustable circuit breaker thresholds to 1.2A
- Filtered (50μs) primary OC threshold
- Fast (2μs) secondary OC threshold
- 75mΩ integrated switches
- Automatic inrush control
- Short-circuit protection
- Precision enable inputs
- Open-drain, ready status outputs
- 16-lead 3mm × 3mm LQFN and 12-lead (skipped lead) 3mm × 4mm LQFN
more information: https://www.analog.com/en/products/ltc4249.html